Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Yesterdays' Joy

This was the dinner from day 10-Wave 1 (of the Sonoma Diet). Herb marinated steaks with oven roasted ratatouille. I served it atop the homemade "spent-grain" bread I made a few days ago. The flowers are from the garden - Zinnias, Sunflowers, Bachelor Buttons, Oregano, Dahlias, and today we added sweat peas.

It's now day 11, which means wine tasting after work in Fairplay (it's a local town), since I'm now "allowed" to have wine - 6 oz with dinner!! Just two tastes since I had to pick up June Bug shortly thereafter. ZinMan at Perry Creek Winery is tasting better than ever and their Barbera was nice too.

On a knitting note, or should I say a knitting needle :), I visited my sister yesterday, who, if one thinks I live in the middle of nowhere, should see where she lives (it's call Rail Road Flat - I'm not kidding)! Nevertheless, she does live a nice 15-minute mountain-road ride to a quaint little yarn shop - Joy's Yarns. You could almost not notice it unless you had a trained eye in yarn shop "spotting" (we are pros). I just promised a few days back that I would not buy yarn for the cute new project I'm contemplating until I get to my goal weight, however I never said I couldn't buy for another project (sorry BFF)! lol Anyway Joy's is not quite the "joy" of my own local yarn shop (lys) - Lofty Lou's, but she's got a few gems and boy did I score. First of all, I brought my sister. (Let's just say she could not sport the bumper sticker "driver carries no cash"). Joy's doesn't take a card, so Sister came to the rescue  (I love you and I'll pay you back, don't worry) and I picked up three balls of Cascade 220 Superwash Wool in color 908 (Sexy Fuchsia would be how I'd say it). We headed back home and I searched for patterns...and I searched...and I searched. This is the problem with putting the cart before the horse. All those great patterns I've always wanted to make out of some "awesome wool" were nowhere to be found. So after almost an hour I gave up and went back to the scarf I'd started earlier. When our kids awoke from their nap (or lack thereof) I released them out to the front yard sat down on the patio and set back to work on the great project search on my iPhone and found one almost immediately at Lion Brand - the Textured Circle Shrug. I set right to work. Sadly play day was over just a short while later.

After preparing the delicious dinner (above), housework could no longer be avoided (remember, I was out in Rail Road Flat all day), my project had to wait until almost 11 for any more progress. Oh, I did block the little romper for Leslie's little one. Will probably sew it up tomorrow - actually finishing a project! Yippee!!

I finally snuck off to bed to continue my affair with the yarn, suddenly Hubby walked in! He immediately spotted the new yarn and new project - I was caught, red-handed (actually Sexy Fuchsia-handed). Oh well it's our 10-year anniversary in two days so he's in a good mood.

Sexy Shrug is calling to me - keep knitting.

1 comment:

  1. I really love reading your blog... your day seams so exciting, I just sat around all day, although I made WW chicken pot pies for me, and Barfie and Dave... and a chocolate cake for her husband and mine... I made a nice roast and mashed pototoes with gravy for my husband and I ate the Weight Watcher pot pie, it was pretty good.. then I ate 3 WW ice cream pops... yum
    yum...I'm going to look up your new project pattern... Happy Knitting.. your dinner looked real yummmmy.....

    ReplyDelete